December - January 2019
- Friday, December 20th - 2:00 pm Dismissal
- December 23rd - January 3rd - Winter Break
- Monday, January 6th - Teacher Institute/No School
- Tuesday, January 7th - Regular School Day
- Monday, January 13th - School Assembly
- Monday, January 20th - No School in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day
Kindergarten thru Fourth Grade
All the elementary students worked very hard the first nine weeks earning character counts tickets.
The top three ticket earners from each class are:
Kindergarten - Dexter, Isabella, and Nova
1st/2nd Grade - Max, Maddie, and Phinnley
3rd/4th Grade - Aubrey, Makayla, and Susanna
WIG...Wildly Important Goal
Kindergarten thru Eighth Grade
Malden Grade School has been fortunate enough to receive a LEAD grant. This grant focuses on changing teacher behavior for the betterment of the students. A committee of teachers and staff has been formed, and through several planning meetings we have come up with our first WIG (Wildly Important Goal).
Our WIG statement is:
Teacher planning and prep: To alter teacher behaviors to improve student confidence in and out of the classroom
The staff as a whole has been working to improve student confidence. We believe that being confident will help the students not only academically but also in all aspects of their life now and into the future.