January - March 2019
- Monday, January 13th - Matt Wilhelm School Assembly
- Monday, January 20th - No School in observance of Martin Luther King Jr Day
- Wednesday, January 29th - 5th Grade DARE Graduation at 11:00 am
- Thursday, February 6th - Assembly at LaMoille
- Monday, February 17th - No School - President's Day
- Thursday, February 27th - Sports Photos at 8:30 am
- Thursday, February 27th - Noon Dismissal for Parent Teacher Conferences
- Friday, February 28th - Noon Dismissal
- Friday, March 20th - 2:00 pm Dismissal
- March 23rd - March 27th Spring Break Week
Pre-Kindergarten thru Eighth Grade (and beyond)
Education is ever-changing. Trends come and go. Standards and policies change. But there is one thing that has been and always will be important to your children's success....PARENT INVOLVEMENT!
P - Parents aren't perfect and neither are children, but there are perfect moments along the way
A - Allow your children to develop responsibility and independence. It is a great gift you can give.
R - Read to and with your children.
E - Encourage your children to be and do their best.
N- Notice changes in your children's mood or behavior and talk with them about it.
T - Tell your children you love them.
S - Spend time with your children talking about school, friends, ANYTHING!
Kindergarten thru Fourth Grade
All the elementary students worked very hard the first nine weeks earning character counts tickets.
The top three ticket earners from each class are:
Kindergarten - Dexter, Isabella, and Nova
1st/2nd Grade - Max, Maddie, and Phinnley
3rd/4th Grade - Aubrey, Makayla, and Susanna
WIG...Wildly Important Goal
Kindergarten thru Eighth Grade
Malden Grade School has been fortunate enough to receive a LEAD grant. This grant focuses on changing teacher behavior for the betterment of the students. A committee of teachers and staff has been formed, and through several planning meetings we have come up with our first WIG (Wildly Important Goal).
Our WIG statement is:
Teacher planning and prep: To alter teacher behaviors to improve student confidence in and out of the classroom
The staff as a whole has been working to improve student confidence. We believe that being confident will help the students not only academically but also in all aspects of their life now and into the future.