- Tuesday, April 24th - After School Program Rips Night from 5:00 pm - 8:00 pm
- Tuesday, May 8th - Kindergarten thru 4th Grade Field Trip to Circa 21
- Friday, May 11th - 12:00 pm Dismissal
- Friday, May 11th - Preschool Screening at Malden
- Monday, May 14th - Spring Concert at 7:00 pm
- Wednesday, May 16th - Junior High Field Trip to Medieval Times
- Monday, May 21st - Awards Banquet at 6:00 pm
- Thursday, May 24th - Graduation at 7:00 pm
- Friday, May 25th - Last Day of Student Attendance (2:00 pm Dismissal)
- Tuesday, May 29th - Teacher Institute
- Wednesday, May 30th - Summer School Begins
February 27, 2018 - March 1, 2018
Kindergarten Registration will be held on Feb 27th, 28th and March 1st
in the Malden School office between 8:30 am and 3:00 pm.
Children must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2018.
Please bring a copy of your child's certified birth certificate.
Health and dental forms will be handed out during registration.
You can also find these forms on our website under
Parent Resources, Registration Information.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call
the school office at 815-643-2436.
DENTAL HEALTH MONTH
Dr. Laura from Dr. Krabill's office visited Malden School on February 28th to talk to K-4 student about dental health.
Kindergarten students learned the following:
- Don't eat sugar.
Daniel- Brush your teeth.
Seth- When your tooth gets broken, the dentist will fix it.
Aidan- Brush your teeth for two minutes.
Sofia- If you crack your tooth, you have to go to the dentist.
Ella- Cavities will dig holes in your teeth.
Gracelyn- Floss you teeth every day.
Lillian- Use mouthwash because your breath will smell bad if you don't.
Spartan- Don't eat too much sugar because it makes holes in your teeth.
We had an all time high last school year for the most box tops collected. We'd like to top that this year! So far this year, we've collected 5,880 box tops and we still have April and May to go.
Forms will be sent home monthly to fill in with collected box tops. If students return a filled out form, they will receive a prize for the month.
April forms need to be turned in by April 30th in order to receive the prize of an English Muffin Pizza!
Please make sure you check the dates on your box tops and don't turn in any that are expired!! Your child will not get credit for any box tops that are expired.
For more information and classroom totals, please see the Box Top tab under Parent Resources.
TICKETS ON SALE NOW!!!!
Ticket sales will be ongoing until the drawing on Monday, May 14, 2018 at the Spring Music Program and Art Show. Need not be present to win.
Tickets will be available in the school office and at all home basketball games (available in the concession stand). If you'd like tickets to sell, please contact Ms Nichols at the school 815-643-2436.
All proceeds go to fund future Malden Booster Club activities.
Last year's winner won $750!!!