- Thursday, October 10th - Movie Night Fundraiser for Hurricane Dorian Victims (click here for flyer)
- Friday, October 11th - No School (Teacher Institute)
- Monday, October 14th - No School
- October 15 - 17 - Malden Boys Basketball Invitational Tournament
- Thursday, October 17th - Flu Shot Clinic from 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm in the Lunchroom (use South Entrance)
- Monday, October 21st - BVEC Music Festival at LaMoille at 7:00 pm
- Thursday, October 24th - Noon Dismissal for Parent/Teacher Conferences
- Friday, October 25th - Noon Dismissal
WIG...Wildly Important Goal
Kindergarten thru Eighth Grade
Malden Grade School has been fortunate enough to receive a LEAD grant. This grant focuses on changing teacher behavior for the betterment of the students. A committee of teachers and staff has been formed, and through several planning meetings we have come up with our first WIG (Wildly Important Goal).
Our WIG statement is:
Teacher planning and prep: To alter teacher behaviors to improve student confidence in and out of the classroom
The staff as a whole has been working to improve student confidence. We believe that being confident will help the students not only academically but also in all aspects of their life now and into the future.
Meet the kindergarten scientists...Layla, Nova, Dexter, Patience, Isabella, and Oliver! They’ve already conducted their first experiment on buoyancy called The Great Cookie Dunk. Watch for more experiments throughout the year.
Thanks to the Booster Club for providing us with our important protective gear.
The morning class enjoyed the nice weather by having music outside.
Eighth grader Sydney read to the preschool class while they were waiting in line to get their school picture taken.
Attendance has a huge impact on a student's academic success. Families play a significant role in making sure students get to school safely every day. Malden believes attendance is an important life skill for success in school and on the job!